Teaching, Learning & Assessment Policy
Although the Primary Advantage federation is a diverse group of schools, at our core we share the following beliefs about teaching, learning and assessment:
- Children should not just learn but develop the attributes that allow them to be great learners and thinkers.
- All children have the opportunity to access and master all learning; it is our job to ensure that all children are enabled to do this.
- Children should not just attain against National Curriculum objectives but should achieve through deep learning experiences.
- Our rich curriculum should be delivered through carefully crafted sequences of learning.
- Individual lessons are precisely structured in order to create learning, not deliver teaching.
- Our classroom practice is based on sound pedagogy and the belief that children learn best through collaboration and enquiry.
- Assessment in all its forms is at the heart of teaching and learning; it gives direction and impact to what we do.
Because we are a diverse group of schools, the implementation of the policy and the use of the tool kits are underpinned by each school’s ethos, values and distinctive character. View our federation Teaching, Learning & Assessment Policy.
For more information on SJB’s implementation of marking and feedback, visit the Marking & Feedback