Snow and Bad Weather
All efforts will be made to open the school on all normal school days – even when we have snow and other adverse weather conditions. If the school is not going to open due to either weather or an unforeseen event, a decision will be made by 7.30am and information posted on the school and Local Authority websites. If possible, a text message will also be sent to all families and a notice will be posted on our Twitter account.
If it is ‘light rain’ children will be collected from the playground in their usual collection points. If torrential rain, children will be collected from the following:
- Nursery and Reception – from class as usual
- Y1 and Y2 from the dining hall
- Y3—both classes from Y3 Rowan class
- Y6 and Y5 from entrance staircase
- Y4 from middle staircase
In the event of the school not opening parents will be kept informed via:
- The school website.
- Text messages will be sent (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date).
- The Hackney Learning Trust website.
- Twitter notifications.
In the event of weather deteriorating during the day leading to closure of the school:
- Permission for pupils to go home will be sought from parents (Please ensure your contact details are up to date).
- Texts will be sent out to parents. (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date.)
- Information will be published on the school website.
If there is an enforced closure of the school and children are unable to gain permission to go home provision will be made to supervise those pupils until they can be collected at 3.30pm. In the event of bad weather the telephones are likely to be very busy and it is strongly recommended that you access the school website which will be regularly updated.
Late Collection Policy
Read a copy of our Late Collection Policy.